
My sister had two precious little girls last week. Maya Mercedes and Presley Hope Cornejo. Twins! I couldn't believe it when she told me she was having two babies at one time but how fun it is to see them, hold them, admire the work that God has created.
I spent a lot of time with her this weekend. I heard about the pain she is enduring, the way our bodies work, the tiredness in her voice---saw the tears in her eyes, the frustration of not being able to understand her body and producing food for her new little ones, smiles on her face and love in her heart. When Rusty found out she was having twins, he said something to the fact of I can't believe there would be anyone out there that would be better for this job of having two at once plus a 20 month old. I 100% agree with him. My sister is an absolutely amazing mom. Yes, she will have hard times. Yes, she will be frustrated. Yes, she will cry. But she will continue to love those babies and do whatever it is they need. She will put them above herself and raise them as best as she knows how.
I often wonder what it will be like for us when the time comes for Max and I to have babies. What will we experience? How will we be as parents? All the questions that come with babies, but it gives me a little peace to know that my little sister has been there and will walk me through all of it. What a blessing my sister is...
No comments:
Post a Comment