Tuesday, June 21, 2011

dad's day 2011...

father's day was Sunday! we had a pretty great day. I got up with the little girl early Sunday morning to feed and stayed up trying to get Max's father's day gift completed which turned out like this...


it took all week during nap time to do and I was pretty frustrated at the end of the little project but I think it turned out alright. just to give you a little idea...I wrote "We Love Dad" probably about 15 times because I am a perfectionist. once I got it how I like it, I mod podged it too early and it smeared so I had to write it yet again! I couldn't get the screws in that held the two pieces of wood together all of the way so Max had to fix his own gift. I put on way too much stain which bled under the scrapbook paper making it looking messy instead of "cool." and all of this together led me to remember why I don't do crafts. ha! here is where I got the idea so you can see what it was supposed to look like. :)

Graham and I made banana pancakes while sissy was sleeping...



and this is the only picture I got the entire day. Tessa wasn't in it which makes me sad but its pretty cute of my boys...



we attended Journey the Way Church which we both liked! then headed to the farm where everyone was waiting for us to eat. a jam packed day but a great day.

Graham, Tessa and I are so thankful for the daddy Max is. we love you so much Max Unruh. happy father's day!

4 comments:

DeWeese Fam of Four said...

WHAAAT a blog post. This is a happy surprise! I think it turned out cute, really cute! Nice job.

Erica said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. I'm so happy. Now please, pretty please post a picture of that sweet baby girl of yours!

Erica said...

Oh and I think your project turned out cute.

Jen Logan said...

I love you and your perfectionist crafting ;) thanks for blogging again!! It turned out very cute. Good work :)