what is in Cottonwood Falls you ask? Emma Chase cafe of course! and a real live Jam session. ha. we called a couple of friends who actually said yes to joining us that evening and set out on the open road...
made it to the Flint Hills...
to the most photographed bridge in Kansas...
watched a beautiful sunset on top of a hill...
got to the restaurant and walked in...
DEAD SILENCE.
and every eye in the place ON US. talk about awkward. I could not contain the laughter bubbling inside of me and followed my husband to the back of the restaurant. just our luck, no tables open. finally we hear "there are four seats open here." relief. kinda reminded me of Forest Gump. seats taken. taken. seats taken.
dinner was great. the food was good. hanging out with Ryan and Becca was terrific. and then it was time to head a few blocks away to what the internet advertised as a JAM session. here is Becca's description of the "all we could stand" 10 minutes of entertainment...
The "Rock Music" April promised was actually a guy in overalls playing a fiddle, a piano, guitar, etc., etc., but they did very little singing actually. I think we attended a town meeting actually. They had announcements and ... discussions about when the buzzards were going to come back through.... it was hilarious.
love my husband and his adventurous spirit. I had an evening full of laughter and conversation. it actually turned out to be a night I probably won't ever forget. :)
thanks for meeting us Becca and Ryan! we had a great evening!
1 comment:
I'd do it again in a second. A millisecond actually. Love spending time with you guys so much :)
Post a Comment