Friday, July 1, 2011

sensory tub...

I have seen a lot of different ideas for a sensory tub. some use beans. some use noodles. but I saw somewhere online to use rice and dye it with food coloring to make it all different colors. since the 4th of July is coming quickly, I thought red, white and blue would be fun. we can always add other colors later. dying the rice was really simple but I used a whole bottle of food coloring for each which might be a little crazy. :) here is where the "recipe" came from. and here is the rice drying...


I think it looks so fun. ha. I bought a couple of funnels at wally world for under a dollar and a set of measuring cups for 88 cents and threw them in there. I probably could have found stuff around the house to put in there for him to play with but...I didn't.

this entertained G for about 45 minutes yesterday morning as we waiting for dad to call and say he was done with physical therapy. I was amazed that he stayed interested in it the whole time and wasn't ready to be done when we had to go. I think it will be a fun thing to pull out on those days when we just can't find much to do. :) it is definitely an outside activity though. ha. he didn't get the concept of keeping the rice in the tub...maybe we will work on that...


(I finally got him to look at me and "cheese" after the 96th try. :))

3 comments:

Jen Logan said...

umm we are coming over to play next week! yes, I am inviting myself :)

Jen Logan said...

oh and I am really proud of you for doing this! I want to do it now :)

Jen Logan said...

rock chalk