Thursday, July 15, 2010

sold...


we have now entered the land of family vehicles. no more red, two door, 5 speed Honda Civic. we now own a gold (puke---maybe growing on me a little) automatic Honda CRV with a ton more room and way more ease of getting Graham in and out of the backseat. I cried when I drove the CRV home because I was so thankful.

but I also got a little moody when that high school graduate drove away with MY (okay OUR) car. you see, I drove that car off the lot back in 2003. with 179,000 miles on it, we went ALOT of places and experienced so much together. sounds ridiculous but as I was cleaning that car out to be sold, memory after memory invaded my thoughts. oh the joys of growing up and doing what is best for you and your family. :)

2 comments:

Just For You said...

Oh my gosh April,I'm almost crying. Only because I will someday have the same situation to deal with. My "Lucy" has been with me since day one and I will be so upset to see her go.

You're right though, family comes first and afterall, with Graham, you will make so many more fabulous memories in the CRV.....probably a lot with puke, but still memories :) Congrats on the new car!

Sunni said...

I loved, loved, loved my CRV...until the AC went out for the 2nd time and it wasn't covered under warranty. Ugh! I just hope you didn't get an 2003-05 CRV because they are the ones with shotty ACs. You will love your new car...I want to see pics. =)